Since this wiki could use a Manual of Style, I have made this blog to list things to be considered for it. If you have any suggestions to make, write it in a comment for me to see.
Manual of Style ideas
- American English is preferred (except where alternatives would be appropriate, e.g. British English for an actor/voice actor from the U.K.)
- Episode layout:
- Songs (if applicable)
- Episode Box
- Don’t use the pronoun “you” in articles (unless it's part of a quote). For example, instead of "During the final scene, you can see a portrait of Jim Davis", try "During the final scene, a portrait of Jim Davis can be seen".
- Avoid using contractions (e.g. "he's", "can't"), except, again, for quotes.
- Don't use "The episode begins with..." to start an episode plot summary. A possible exception would be for episodes that largely break the fourth wall (e.g. Star Struck, The Garfield Opera, Canned Laughter, The Garfield-Only Show).
- Character pages should start with aspects such as species and occupation, not the obvious. In other words, don't rely on "X is a character from Y".
- Try not to pad out sentences. Being concise is usually okay.
- Likewise, some words, such as "decide", should be used conservatively. "Garfield eats lasagna" is preferred over "Garfield decides to eat lasagna".