The Automated, Animated Adventure is an episode from the fourth season of Garfield and Friends.
When Jon wants to make a cartoon series about Garfield, an animator uses the opportunity to demonstrate new computer animation.
- Announcer (voiced by Gregg Berger)
- Uncle Ed (mentioned)
- The Buddy Bears (cameo appearance)
- Cop (voiced by Brian Cummings)
- Boy (voiced by Thom Huge)
- Girl (voiced by June Foray)
- The plot of the episode would be reused, in updated form, for the Garfield Show episode The Non-Garfield Show.
- When Garfield is being reformatted into a new cartoon look, among the models used are the title character of Astro Boy and Bart Simpson from The Simpsons.
- At one point, Mr. Sprocket proposes making "Baby Garfield" as part of "the newest trend in cartoon shows". This alludes to baby/child versions of cartoon characters, which was very popular around the time the show was aired.
- Coincidentally, there actually is a line of merchandise featuring baby versions of Garfield and his friends.
- Mr. Sprocket also alludes to many Hanna-Barbera cartoons such as Scooby-Doo and Jabberjaw.