Sheldon and Booker enjoy stories about monsters, ninjas, and mutants, which appeal to their masculine interests. They have difficulty getting along with Roy's niece Chloe due to her feminine interests (although, Sheldon hinted to fancy Chloe).
Sheldon looks like a typical avian egg, except that his legs appear from two holes at the bottom of the shell. He was once mistaken for a baby turtle.
In Shell Shocked Sheldon, the shell finally hatched, only to reveal another shell underneath.
What Sheldon Does Inside
- Play table tennis
- A cleaning lady comes in every week (in the comic strip)
- Read the newspapers ("Shell Shocked Sheldon")
- Post pictures onto his shell using a hammer and a nail
- Take out a grill to barbeque burgers ("Scrambled Eggs")
- Plays pinBall
- Sheldon is able to see despite his shell covering his face.
- The world inside his shell is an example of hammerspace.
- In the May 28, 1986 comic, he says he did not want to hatch because he read the newspapers and saw how dangerous the world was. Booker breaks the fourth wall and tells everyone he is not an ordinary egg. In the June 1, 1986 comic, which begins with him singing "I'm A Little Teapot", Sheldon says it is because wherever he goes, he is home. He then says he does not need an umbrella, he saves money on haircuts, he does not take baths, and nobody can call him a chicken. He then forces Booker to be an egg, too, then falls down.