Mrs. Feeny is a (presumably elderly) woman who lives across the street from Jon Arbuckle, Garfield and Odie. She is frequently tormented by Garfield in various ways, and as result, she is regularly calling Jon to inform of what Garfield has done-she is also been known to get revenge on Jon for what Garfield has done, such as beating up Jon or giving him a cake that had a land mine inside of it. She occasionally gets revenge on Garfield. Although she has been mentioned a number of times over the years, she has not made any physical appearances in the comic strip.
She has a small dog (mentioned to be a Chihuahua in some strips), also a frequent victim of Garfield's abuse. In the September 11, 2001 comic strip, Garfield comes home with a blonde wig, dentures, red high heels and pearls, all which belong to Mrs. Feeny. On March 7th of 2013, it is revealed that Mrs. Feeny also has a pet cat, who she takes on walks and also has a little outfit for it that matches the one she wears. On June 6, 2009 it is revealed that Mrs. Feeny frequently chases Garfield away with her leaf blower.
Her husband, not yet seen, has been mentioned a few times.
More to Come
More to Come
- She has been mentioned 30+ times.
- She used to have a bird named Mister Sweetywings, whom Garfield eventually ate.
- Liz Wilson once tried convincing Garfield to try becoming friends with Mrs. Feeny; Garfield merely laughed at the idea.
List of What Garfield Has Done to her
- Paid a mouse to run up her leg
- Dug a tiger trap in her flower bed
- Paper mâchéd her chihuahua
- Sneaked her dog laxative-laced bran muffins
- Had her daisy garden stomped on
- Her car window was soaked with soap into spelling out "Feeny is a Weeny" (Garfield paid a kid to do so)
- Mailed her a hairball for Christmas
- Her Chihuahua was painted green, shaved bald and music-playing collar stolen
- Destroyed her garden (many times)
- Her Chihuahua was mailed away by Garfield (similar to how he aims to send Nermal to Abu Dhabi)
- Epoxied her Weimaraner to a cross-town bus.
- Stole her dentures
- Stole her wig, pearls and shoes.
- Sent her bloomers, her dog and her husband to a Wisconsin circus.
- Hid her dentures
- Varnished her chihuahua a dark cherry