She was kidnapped by a stranger, who entered Mona's and was disappointed that he would have to wait until the Kid completed his meal in order to be served. After being saved by him, Mona has the Kid regularly visit her saloon (by ringing a gold supper bell).
Mona's face has similar traits to Penelope Pussycat, including a beauty spot (on her right cheek), outlined lips (with rouge lipstick), characteristic side hair (oriented downwards), and tall blonde beehive hairdo. Her body has a more humanoid shape than most of the cats in the cartoon.
Mona wears a fuchsia pink dress without sleeves and also has thin eyelashes.
Little is known about Mona. She is friendly and caring for customers (especially the Lasagna Kid), and is pleased with the Lasagna Kid's appetite for meals she herself cooks.
She is known for making "the world's greatest pasta" as well as "beauty [that] could make [one's] heart skip". Most bachelors who visit Mona's attempt to woo her.
- Mona appears rather different from other cats in the series, being visibly taller and lacking a tail.
- Mona is the only female in Garfield and Friends to be seen kissing Garfield.
- Her fur color varies between scenes from silver gray (in saloon scenes) to dark beige (in outdoors scenes).
- Her bouffant hairdo is similar to that of Marge Simpson from The Simpsons.
- She seems to accept the Lasagna Kid caring mostly about the food she cooks.
The full gallery for Mona can be viewed here. Below are only examples from the scenes.