I Love to Play My Bugle is a song Roy Rooster sings when he promises he'll do a better job at waking the farm in Cock-a-Doodle Dandy.
- I didn’t wake ‘em up this morning like I’m supposed to do,
- I got to do my job,
- Or they'll find someone new,
- I used to wake 'em up at dawn’s early light,
- Using bells, and buzzers, even dynamite!
- They said “No! Stop that noise!”,
- Then I found a finer way to wake the boys,
- I’m so cool,
- I’m so hip,
- Since I got my bugle, call me Mr. Lip!
- You want to wake up in the morning,
- That’s what you say,
- Then wake up to the bugle music that I play,
- I love to get you up with this horn blown blues,
- It’s a whole lot hotter than cock-a-doodle-doos,
- I can blow,
- I can play,
- I can wake you up swinging every day,
- I play blues,
- I play swing,
- I love to play my bugle man,
- That’s my thing!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.