Mama Meany made his first appearance in Perfect Pizza when Garfield discovered that Jon had ordered pizza from Mama Meany's Pizza Palace instead of Vito's (Mostly because Jon had a coupon to Mama Meany's) At first Mama was believed to be a woman until it was discovered that Mama is actually a man and revealed that his machine created the rubber pizzas. Later when he learned that Eddie Gourmand, the famous food critic, called in an order for a large pizza from Vito's, Mama and one of his henchman began to chase Garfield and Jon (Who deliver the pizza since Vito's van wasn't working) to stop the order. However after Eddie tasted both pizzas Mama's lost all of his customers to Vito and planned to make the machine make snow tires, even commenting how both taste the same.
- Glitter Gulch
- Lasagna Tree
- Many older fans believe that Mama Meany is based on Papa Plastique from the Garfield and Friends episode, Mama Manicotti due to similarities from both characters:
- Both are the owners of a pizza parlor.
- Both of their restaurants served terrible food.
- Both attempt to ruin their competition.
- Both lost due to Garfield.