Mailman Blues is the thirty-sixthUS/thirty-seventhEU episode from the first season of The Garfield Show.
When a subsitute mailman takes Herman Post's place while he's on vacation, Garfield gives out a seven step guide to harassing a mailman.
- Parts of the plot were reused from "The Mail Animal". Both episodes have a new mailman (Mr. Letterman and Stu respectively) who replace Herman to deliver the mail. They initially do not believe that Garfield is a threat until Garfield gives them a barrage of traps, leading Herman to reclaim his job.
- Garfield's 7 Steps to Harassing a Mailman Successfully
- Establish a climate of confidence. Let him believe he's safe at first, even if you have to demean yourself a bit.
- Make life interesting
- Think big
- Think bigger
- All-out war
- Give yourself a pat of the back for a job well done! And celebrate in style!
- When Stu approaches the mail slot in a fake bush, Garfield's eyes are visible in his bush.
- When Stu skips out the post office, he is not wearing a mailbag. The mailbag reappears when he is laughing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.