He is bald on top, has hair on the side of his head, a large beard and a pink flower in his hair. He is fat and wears a yellow shirt with green circles, yellow pants, a blue and red overcoat and sandals. Near the end of the episode, he wears a blue shirt with yellow sleeves, pink and yellow circles, and blue pants.
He does not believe in the idea of technology or eating processed foods.
- "Maharishi" is the Sanskrit word, महर्षि, meaning "great-seer".
- "Sensei is the Japanese word, 先生, meaning "a teacher" or "master"
- "Bhagwan" is the Sanskrit word, भगवान्, meaning someone who is blessed.
- "Chan" is the Chinese word, 禪, referring to the Buddhist teachings or mediation.
- "Su" is a Sanskrit prefix, सु-, meaning something that is "good".
- "Gunga Din" is the main character in Rudyard Kipling's poem of the same name.