In Garfield: The Movie, Garfield eats all four boxes of Jon Arbuckle's lasagna. He later eats some after falling into a truck of it. In Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, when Jon is giving the veterinarian Garfield's things, he requests that she feed him a plate of lasagna every day. After the switch, Jon, Liz Wilson, and the Prince go to a restaurant, where Prince discovers his love for lasagna. At the palace, Garfield helps the animals prepare a platter of lasagna, where everyone enjoys it.
In Here Comes Garfield, Garfield eats a pan of lasagna in the kitchen before heading to the City Pound. In Garfield on the Town, Garfield is seen eating lasagna during a flashback in a former Italian restaurant, and Jon serves him lasagna after finding him.
- Garfield has "loved lasagna" since the day he was born in the kitchen of an Italian Restaurant (Mamma Leoni's). It has always been his "favorite food" ever since.
- Jim Davis has stated "I sometimes wish I made pizza Garfield's favorite food. It's easier to draw than lasagna".
- In the November 4, 1982 comic, Garfield tells a baby chicken that no son of his would refuse lasagna.
- Out of all the female cats from Garfield and Friends who owned or lived in restaurants, Mona is the only one not seen serving lasagna to Garfield.
- In the May 11, 2004 comic, Garfield wants to know how much of the Earth's surface is covered by lasagna.
- In the May 27, 2018 comic, Jon reads a lasagna recipe from a cookbook to Garfield and Pooky.
- In the January 24, 2020 comic, Garfield tells Arlene that he dreams of a day with lasagna as a pizza topping.
- Garfield once put a piece of lasagna in between two slices of pizza. Jon rejected the idea at first, but after taking a bite, he immediately had a change of heart.
- In Garfield: The Movie, he lists the ingredients that he likes best: "the cheese and the meat and the sauce."
- The music video for "Holla" by Baha Men features lasagna as a running gag.