Gross Encounters is an episode from the fifth season of Garfield and Friends.
The wolf tricks Booker, Sheldon, Roy and Wade into thinking aliens are invading.
Orson is reading a book about a UFO invading the countryside while explaining the three kinds of close encounters and how they connect. Soon, it is his turn to guard his chickens from the wolf. He puts Roy in charge of the story, prompting Booker and Sheldon to leave. Roy makes up different kinds of close encounters of different kinds to Wade. The wolf overhears this and gets an idea.
Booker and Sheldon debate the existence of UFOs. Booker sees what looks like one, which Sheldon dismisses as a shooting star. The wolf appears dressed as a scientist and gives them made-up advice on how to stop the UFO. As they run off, the wolf goes to Roy and Wade, the former telling the latter more close encounters of numbered kinds. The wolf also gives them made-up advice to fend off the UFO.
As Orson guards the chicken coop, he notices Wade carrying a trash can, Booker carrying aluminum foil, and Roy carrying cans. Although he does not know what they are up to, he knows it will lead to trouble. The chicks, Roy and Wade plan to disguise themselves as aliens, then claim they were first to arrive on the planet. They encounter each other, with Sheldon and Roy arguing over which of them is superior while Booker and Wade go to warn Orson. Orson checks it out, leaving his post, thus giving the wolf the opportunity he was waiting for.
Orson pulls Roy and Sheldon's costumes off with a magnet. They explain that they were following the advice of a "scientist", who looked like the wolf. They hurry back to the coop where the wolf has gotten the chickens. Two aliens appear in front of him. Thinking it is another attempt from the animals to stop him, he eventually throws one of them in the air. The alien freezes him in a block of ice, allowing the the chickens to escape. The animals cannot figure out how the wolf became frozen (assuming it was not the work of aliens, as Orson insists), while the aliens leave for Clarion.
- All of the different made-up close encounters of different numbered kinds are as follows:
- Fourth Kind: The UFO invites you out for Chinese food
- Fifth Kind: The UFO does an impression of Sylvester Stallone
- Nineteenth Kind: The UFO challenges you to arm wrestling
- Twenty-Seventh Kind: Unknown
- Seventy-First Kind: The UFO makes cheese sandwiches for everyone in the neighborhood
- Sixth-Third/Fifth Kind: The UFO rotates the hubcaps on your car
- Sixth-Third/Fifth Kind: The UFO forgets which laundromat it took your shirts to