Jon gets a call from Liz, who informs him of a disease called the "Hawaiian Cat Flu." Jon is certain that Garfield won't get it, only to see Garfield dancing the hula. At the vet, Liz gives Jon medicine to cure Garfield and tells him not to mention Hawaii or anything from it, since it causes Garfield to dance. Garfield refuses to take the medicine, even as he continues dancing after hearing anything that has to do with Hawaii.
Jon soon finds opportunity for it when he discovers Silly Animal Stunts, a talent show for pets. At the audition, Garfield's "talent" makes the cut. However, just before they leave for the show, Garfield finally decides to take the medicine and after tasting it, he is disgusted. When Jon and Garfield get on stage, Jon (who doesn't know that Garfield has taken the medicine) tries saying different things that relate to Hawaii but Garfield doesn't dance upon hearing anything Hawaiian, nor is he interested in doing so. This results in Jon doing the hula instead, which wins him the $1,000 prize.
Back home, Jon tells Liz that Garfield seems to be cured of the Hawaiian Cat Flu. Liz then notes that there's now a similar disease called the "Alaskan Cat Flu." Just when Jon wonders what the symptoms are, he sees Garfield in Alaskan clothes and driving a dog sled carried by Odie.
- Liz Wilson
- Silly Animal Stunts Host (voiced by Frank Welker)
- Receptionist (voiced by Julie Payne)
- Man #1 (voiced by Gregg Berger)
- Man #2
- Dancing Dog
- Camera Man
- The Hawaiian Cat Flu was previously done in the comic strips, albeit in a somewhat different fashion.
- "Silly Animal Stunts" resembles "Pet Search" (from Garfield Goes Hollywood) in some ways.
- When Polly (voiced by Frank Welker) impersonates Garfield, his voice is similar to how Welker would later portray Garfield.
- This is (technically) the first time Frank Welker voices Garfield.
- When trying to get a cured Garfield to dance the hula, Jon mentions various aspects of Hawaii, including Don Ho and "Book him, Danno".
- One of the auditioning acts (which appears to not be unique) is an octopus who tap dances and knits sweaters to music by Wayne Newton.
- The impressions Polly does during audition are Bill Cosby, Paul Reubens (as Pee-Wee Herman), Jack Nicholson, Bob Hope, Clint Eastwood, and Mr. T.
- On the Garfield and Friends Volume 1 DVD, the audio at the end of the episode is out of sync.