Friends Are There was the first opening theme from Garfield and Friends. It was used in the first two seasons of the show.
- Ladies and gentleman, Garfield and Friends!
- Friends are there...
- To help you get started, to give you a push on your way!
- Friends are there.....
- To turn you around, get your feet on the ground for a brand new day!
- They'll pick you up when you're down!
- Help you swallow your pride, when something inside's gotta break on through, to the other side!
- Friends are someone you can open up to...
- When you feel like you're ready to flip!
- When you've got, the world on your shoulders...
- Friends are there to give you a tip!
- Friends are there when you need them, they're even there when you don't!
- For a walk in the park, or a shot in the dark! Friends are there...
- I don't care!
- But friends will care.....
- for you!
- This is the only opening theme to feature original animation. Later openings would rely on clips from the show.
- The theme was replaced by Ready to Party in syndication.
- In an episode of The Garfield Show, the first verse of the song appears on mug.
- On "on demand" versions, alternate music is used. (Different cues can be heard during the two of the last lines)
- In the second season, the record player sounds clearer and the sound effects are louder, although the music is a little quieter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.