Boomerang is a 24-hour American cable television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System, a division of WarnerMedia (formerly Time Warner). Boomerang spun off from a block of the same name from Cartoon Network; it debuted as a channel on April 1, 2000.
The channel originally specialized in reruns of animated programming from Time Warner's extensive archives, including pre-1986 MGM, Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation, and DePatie-Freleng Enterprises programs, spanning from cartoon shorts of the 1930s and 1940s (usually in color) to repeats of shows which were still in production on Cartoon Network.
The American version of Boomerang was relaunched on January 19, 2015 as part of a global rebrand, focusing on original material based on popular brands in addition to vintage programming.
In the U.S., Boomerang also includes a subscription service-based mobile app, which launched on April 11, 2017.
Garfield Features Aired
- Garfield and Friends (November 6, 2006 – May 1, 2007, September 2, 2019 - November 29, 2019, December 30, 2019 - )
- The Garfield Show (February 3, 2013 - December 30, 2016) (later on some regional channels)
- Season 4: October 6 - December 1, 2015; July 4 - September 2, 2016
- Season 5: October 24, 2016
- Garfield and Friends remastered (November 1, 2018 - )
- Here Comes Garfield
- Garfield on the Town
- Garfield in the Rough
- Garfield's Halloween Adventure
- Garfield in Paradise
- Garfield Goes Hollywood
- Garfield's Babes and Bullets
- Garfield's Thanksgiving
- Garfield's Feline Fantasies
- Garfield Gets a Life
- A Garfield Christmas (December 1, 2017)
The television specials were removed from the app in early 2019.
The following were made available as movies on Boomerang's streaming service in November of 2018.
- A marathon of The Garfield Show aired on January 19, 2015 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) to commemorate the beginning of the channel's rebrand.
- The Garfield Show was among the shows featured in the "Pet of the Week" block during the summer of 2015.
- On September 10th, 2019, Boomerang accidentally aired "The Horror Hostess Part 1"/"Newsworthy Wade"/"The Horror Hostess Part 2" instead of "China Cat"/"Cock-a-Doodle Dandy"/"Beach Blanket Bonzo", which was supposed to come next. This was apparently due to a schedule mess-up caused by a marathon of Care Bears: Unlock The Magic the day before.